So I probably should have mentioned these ages ago, but I honestly have just been real busy… Two great things came in the mail in the last couple weeks:The first was Stacy’s blueberry butter! I was so excited I ripped open the package, peeled back the lid and dove head first into the stuff! So delicious and amazing! I didn’t even need a shower afterwards because it was so good I just licked myself clean. In case you want to make some for yourself – and believe me you do – click here!
Okay, onto the blog post and the tomato jam I promised you here…
As I cleaned out my closet on Sunday to make room for my new “fat” clothes (relax, I don’t really think I’m fat. Though I am certainly “fatter” than I was 3 years ago) I wasn’t sure what to do with all my skinny stuff. Determined to fit into most of it again – aren’t we all? – I made two piles.
Pile A was stuff for safe keeping for when my ass shrinks.
Pile B was stuff that had to go. It was stuff that I hadn’t even considered wearing in the last year – or three, evidently – and stuff that I wasn’t going to wear ever again. Man alive! I’ve got some bad taste!
Spicy Tomato Jam
- 4 Ripe Tomatoes halved.
- 1 Large Red Chile seeded and thinly sliced.
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 1 Garlic Clove crushed.
- 1 Tsp White Sugar.
- Kosher Salt & Fresh Cracked Black Pepper.
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the tomatoes in a bowl with the chile and toss with olive oil to coat.Arrange them cut side up on the prepared sheet (make sure to get all the chile pieces) and cook in the oven for 30 minutes, or until just starting to collapse and soften.
- Transfer them to the bowl of a food processor, add the garlic, sugar, and a pinch of salt and pepper, and process until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and cook over high heat until it reaches a boil. Continue to boil for about 10 minutes, or until it has reduced in volume by half.
- Spoon into a bowl and let cool.