- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Berry Sauce.
- Double Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes.
- Lemon Cream Cheese Sticky Buns.
- Stone Fruit Tart.
- And not sweet but equally fantastical…Homemade Grilled Pizzas.
Arborio Rice Pudding
- 4 C Whole Milk
- 1/2 C Sweetening Agent white sugar, organic cane sugar, or likely even honey.
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Vanilla Bean split and seeds scraped out
- 1 C Arborio Rice uncooked.
- 1/4 C Raisins.
- 1 Tbsp Butter.
- 1 Orange for zest.
- Pinch of Fine Sea Salt.
- In a medium sized saucepan, bring the milk, butter, sweetening agent, cinnamon, raisins, vanilla bean and seeds to a light boil, stirring gently but constantly to avoid burning.
- Once hot, add the rice. Stir well. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low and simmer for around 30 minutes, stirring often. Taste around the 25 minute mark. You want the rice el dente - not crunchy but soft; soft but not mushy. The consistency should be looser than risotto - if it's too dry for your preference you can add a little more milk if necessary.
- Add the orange zest and a pinch of salt. You may want to add just a touch of zest, taste, and add more if necessary. That's some strong shit! Stir well, remove vanilla pod, and remove from heat.
- Scoop into bowls, sprinkle with cinnamon and serve. If you don't eat it all, this re-heats very well the next day (or two!) with a little more milk over medium heat in a smaller saucepan.