Spiced Cherry Tomato Sauce
- 30 fresh curry leaves
- 1 Tsp yellow mustard seeds
- ½ Tsp cumin seeds
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and finely chopped
- ¾ inch fresh ginger peeled and finely grated
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Pint cherry tomatoes halved
- pinch each of sugar and salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized frying pan until hot over medium heat.
- Add the curry leaves, mustard seeds and cumin seeds and sauté until just beginning to “pop”.
- Add the garlic, ginger and tomato paste and continue to cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add tomatoes, sugar, and salt and stir well. Simmer over low heat for 15-20 minutes until the tomatoes have softened, and the sauce has thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.