Quinoa Egg Dish
- 4 Pastured Eggs soft boiled.
- 1 C Uncooked Quinoa soaked and rinsed if necessary.
- 1 C Chicken or Veggie Stock.
- 1 C Water.
- 1 Tsp Cumin.
- 1 Lemon for Juice.
- 1 Medium Sized Butternut Squash peeled and diced.
- Half an Onion peeled & sliced.
- Couple of Sprigs of Rosemary.
- 1 Batch Kale Chips.
- Half an Apple cored and diced, tossed in half of the lemon juice.
- Small Handful Shaved Pecorino Romano or similar salty cheese.
- Good Quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Good Quality Balsamic Vinegar.
- Coarse Sea Salt & Fresh Cracked Black Pepper.
- Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees F and lightly spray a baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Toss the squash, onion and rosemary in the pan with a good helping of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Make sure all the squash pieces are good and coated. Arrange as best you can as one layer in the pan and roast in the oven 20 - 30 minutes or until squash is fork tender. Shake the pan a couple of times during cooking to get a bit of color on those bad boys. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- As the squash roasts, place the stock, water, cumin, big pinch of salt and half the lemon juice in a medium sized stock pot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add the quinoa. Cover and reduce heat to low to simmer for 12-15 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed. Remove from the heat and let sit for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- In a jar, shake 1/2 C of olive oil, 1/4 C of balsamic vinegar and a good helping of salt and pepper. Taste - adjust accordingly. You want the dressing to be slightly more acidic than you think.
- Now assemble! Discard what's left of the rosemary sprig and crumple the kale chips into the waiting squashy onion mixture along with the quinoa, apple and cheese. Toss with a few Tbsp of the emulsified dressing. Place the eggs along side and serve.
This post is linked up with The Hearth & Soul Blog Hop via The 21st Century Housewife; Tasty Tuesdays; Scratch Cookin’ Tuesday; Tuesday Talent Show; Slightly Indulgent Tuesday; Cast Party Wednesday; Whole Foods Wednesday; Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways; What’s In The Box?; Simple Lives Thursday; Showcase Your Talent Thursday; Full Plate Thursday; Fresh Bites Friday; Fight Back Friday; Foodie Friday.