When you combine strawberries and blueberries, you get the most stunning hues (ranging from pink to purplish/rose to purple) as well as various taste sensations.
Simply changing the proportion of strawberries to blueberries, as well as adding other fruits or flavors like vanilla, chocolate, or peanut butter, as well as different nut milk or coconut milk, will provide a wide range of flavors.
How to Combine Strawberries and Blueberries?
There are different combinations to try with strawberries and blueberries. Try experimenting, and you’ll find what tastes best. Texture and flavor wise, strawberries and blueberries go well together in:
Smoothies: Adding blueberries to strawberry smoothies will always improve the antioxidant content of the drink. Blueberries are a nutritional powerhouse, a phytonutrient-rich superfood. They’re also high in vitamin C and manganese and are a good source of dietary fiber.
Bowl: Combining strawberries and blueberries together in a bowl with a hint of lemon juice is a great idea.
Juices: Strawberry and blueberry juices are quite popular, and you can try different recipes with mint, lemon juice, or honey.
Recipes to Try with Strawberries and Blueberries
1. Strawberry Blueberry Peanut Butter Smoothie
Peanut butter with strawberry and blueberry will taste great and the recipe is simple.
- Frozen banana: 1
- Frozen strawberries: 1 cup
- Frozen blueberries: 1/2 cup
- Almond milk: 2 cups
- Peanut butter: 2 tablespoons
- Maca powder: 1 tablespoon
- Combine the frozen banana, blueberries, strawberries, peanut butter, almond milk, and maca powder in a blender and process until velvety and smooth. Serve and enjoy.
2. Strawberry Blueberry Smoothie Bowl
This rich and creamy smoothie bowl is sure to dazzle your taste buds.
- Unsweetened pomegranate or blueberry juice: 1/3 cup
- 2% plain Greek yogurt: 1/3 cup
- Fresh blueberries, divided: 3/4 cup
- Ripe peeled avocado: 1/2
- Ice cubes: 1 cup
- Fresh strawberries, sliced: 1/2 cup
- Almonds, toasted and sliced: 1 tablespoon
- In a blender, combine the juice, yogurt, half of the blueberries, and avocado. Puree for about 15 seconds, or until well mixed. Add the ice and process for about 30 seconds, or until smooth.
- Toss the remaining half of the strawberries, blueberries, and almonds into a bowl with the smoothie mixture.
3. Strawberry Blueberry Crisp
Serve this strawberry and blueberry crisp with ice cream for an exquisite dessert.
- Fresh blueberries: 2 cups
- Halved fresh strawberries: 2 cups
- Granulated sugar: 1/2 cup
- All-purpose flour: 1/3 cup
- Ground nutmeg: ½ teaspoon
- Vanilla: 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt: 1/8 teaspoon
- Quick-cooking oats: 1/2 cup
- Granulated sugar: 1/3 cup
- Packed brown sugar: 1/3 cup
- Ground cinnamon: 1/2 teaspoon
- Cold butter: 1/4 cup
- Butter-flavor cooking spray
- vanilla fat-free ice cream: 2 cups
- Preheat the oven to 375° Spray an 11×7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Toss blueberries, strawberries, 1/3 cup flour, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, nutmeg, vanilla, and salt in a medium mixing basin. Place in a baking dish.
- Combine 1/2 cup flour, oats, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a separate medium bowl. Using a pastry blender (or pushing two table knives through the ingredients in opposite directions), cut in the butter until the mixture resembles a coarse meal. Spray topping with butter-flavored cooking spray and sprinkle over berry mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until the topping filling is brown and bubbling. Serve with ice cream while it’s still warm.
Nutritional Facts for Strawberries
Strawberries high in vitamin C and manganese, and they also have a good amount of potassium and vitamin B9. They are also rich in antioxidants and plant chemicals that may help with blood sugar regulation and heart health. The nutrients found in 100 grams of raw strawberries include:
- 32 calories
- 91% water
- 7 grams protein
- 7 grams carbs
- 9 grams sugar
- 2 grams fiber
- 3 grams fat
Nutritional Facts for Blueberries
Blueberries are low in calories and high in nutrients, with the potential to help with blood sugar regulation and brain and heart health. They are a good source of numerous vitamins, useful plant compounds, and antioxidants and are often touted as a superfood. In 100 grams of blueberries, there are:
- 57 calories
- 84% water
- 5 grams carbs
- 7 grams protein
- 4 grams fiber
- 10 grams sugar
- 3 grams fat
Blueberries and strawberries are ideal companions. Consuming them together provide numerous benefits as anthocyanins are found in abundance in these berries. Anthocyanins are thought to have a variety of effects on the body. They ease blood vessel constriction and reduce blood pressure.
Try the recipes listed above to make good use of strawberries and blueberries.
Click here for more:
Types of Strawberries
How to prevent Deers from eating your strawberries
Best Strawberry Jam Brands
Best places to grow strawberries
Best time to plant strawberries plus strawberry season tips