Rosemary and blueberries can be found in many recipes as well. While Blueberries are known for their sweet, unique taste, rosemary, on the other hand, has a woody-aromatic taste with a pinch of citrus and lavender, and sage. The distinctive sharp flavor means that it goes well with blueberries. The following are some of our favorite recipes that include blueberries and rosemary.
Syrup with blueberries and rosemary (for cocktails and sodas)
- 1 pound of blueberries
- 1 pound of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 rosemary stalk
- Combine blueberries, sugar, and water in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Allow to cool before straining into a glass.
- To serve, pour 2-3 teaspoons into a glass, top with ginger ale, ice, and fresh rosemary to garnish.
- Simply pour 2 cl vodka into each glass to form a drink, and serve.
Scones with blueberries and rosemary
These delectable Blueberry and Rosemary Scones, inspired by a bakery, are the ideal complement to any breakfast or brunch.
- 1-1/3 cup Frozen Nature’s Touch Organic or Pesticide Residue Tested Blueberries
- 1/4 cup cane sugar 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, finely chopped
- 12 cup butter, softened and cut into tiny cubes
- A third of a teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 tsp. lemon juice 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup of milk
- A single egg
- Combine rosemary and dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, then add butter and stir until big lumps form, using a fork or pastry blender.
- Combine the lemon juice, egg, and milk in a mixing bowl. To make 1 cup of mixture, add extra milk.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, pour in the liquid, and mix gently with a fork.
- Stir in the frozen blueberries carefully.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes on an oiled baking sheet at 425°F (220°C).
- Set aside a mixture of chopped rosemary and sugar to use as a scones garnish.
Blueberry Rosemary Fizz
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped,
- 3 orange zest strips,
- 3/4 cup thawed frozen blueberries
- Ice Seltzer
- Garnish with fresh blueberries
- Boil the rosemary, orange zest, and sugar with 1/2 cup water. Stir constantly until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Steep for ten minutes before straining.
- Make a puree of the frozen berries in a blender; drain properly.
- Pour the berry purée and rosemary syrup into four ice-filled glasses. Finish with a splash of seltzer. Garnish with fresh berries, rosemary sprigs, and orange slices.
Read more here:
Different Types of Blueberries
Prevent Deer From Eating Your Blueberries With This Guide
Best Blueberries for Jam
Do Blueberries Have Seeds Inside? The answer might disappoint you
Blueberries Washing Guide
- 2 tbsp. fresh blueberries (distributed)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- two ounces of vodka
- Ginger beer, 4 oz.
- 1 rosemary sprig, fresh
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice with blueberries in a large Collins glass
- Fill the glass halfway with ice and the remaining tablespoon of blueberries. Stir together 2 ounces vodka and 4 ounces ginger beer. If desired, garnish with rosemary.
Blueberry Nutritional Facts:
Blueberries may be eaten straight off the bush or used in a number of dishes. They’re also available frozen. They’ve been found to help prevent heart disease and cancer, as well as bone strength, mental wellness, and healthy blood pressure.
- Calories: 57.
- Water: 84%
- Protein: 0.7 grams.
- Carbs: 14.5 grams.
- Sugar: 10 grams.
- Fiber: 2.4 grams.
- Fat: 0.3 grams.
Rosemary Nutritional Facts:
Rosemary is well-known not just for its flavor and aroma but also for the numerous health advantages it provides. Rosemary has been used for medical purposes for millennia and is an excellent source of iron, calcium, and vitamins A, C, and B-6. Rosemary is high in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory chemicals, which are considered to enhance blood circulation and strengthen the immune system. Rosemary is a cognitive stimulant that can assist enhance memory quality and performance. It is also known to improve alertness, intellect, and concentration.
- Calories: 3.9 calories.
- Protein: 0.1 grams.
- Fat: 0.2 grams.
- Carbohydrates: 0.6 grams.
- Fiber: 0.4 grams.
- Sugar: 0 grams.