Plums are delicious and juicy, which go well with another fruit that’s also extremely juicy and delicious as well. Of course, we are talking about blueberries. Here are a few recipes that you can try today.
Plum Berry Crisp
- Purple plums, 1/2 pound
- 1 pound of blueberries (5 ounces)
- 1 pound of blackberries (5 ounces)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup oats, rolled
- 1/4 cup flour (all-purpose)
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened, and chopped into pieces
- salt (1/4 teaspoon)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and place the rack in the upper third.
- In a shallow baking dish, toss together all of the filling ingredients and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, using your hands, combine all topping ingredients until butter is uniformly spread and the mixture is crumbly.
- Stir the fruit filling, then top with the oat mixture and bake for 30 minutes, or until the oat is crisp and brown and the fruit is bubbling.
Plum and Blueberry Cobbler
- Brown sugar is a kind of sugar that is used
- All-Purpose Cornstarch Baking powder flour
- Salt, Butter, and Vanilla
- Chop the plums into smaller pieces so that they may be equally distributed in the cobbler
- Combine the fruit, cinnamon, cornstarch, and sugar in a mixing bowl until well mixed.
- Melt the butter first, then add it to the remainder of the cobbler topping, allowing it to cool somewhat before mixing it in.
- Work the gently beaten egg into the ingredients (including the sugar) until there are pea-sized pieces or smaller. It should be spread completely.
- Combine the vanilla and the butter before pouring it over the topping
- Put it in the oven to bake.
Find more like this: Different Types of Blueberries | When to plant blueberries + Strawberry season! | Best Blueberry Jam Brands You Need To Know | Best Places In The World To Grow Blueberries | Blueberries Planting Guide – How Often You Should Water Blueberries?
Plums Nutritional Facts:
Nearly 8 grams of carbs are found in one medium plum. Each plum has 6.6 grams of sugar and about 1 gram of fiber. The fruit is low on fat, with each serving containing less than 1 gram of fat.
Plums aren’t very high in protein. A single plum has around half a gram of protein.
Minerals and Vitamins
Plums aren’t very high in vitamins and minerals. You will, however, obtain around 6.3mg of vitamin C, which is about 10% of your daily required dose.
One medium plum has 30 calories, with 88 percent of the calories coming from carbohydrates, 6 percent from fat, and 6 percent from protein. Plums are a nutrient-dense, low-calorie meal.
- Sugar: 16 grams.
- Protein: 1 gram.
- Fiber: 2 grams.
- Fat: Less than 1 gram.
- Carbohydrates: 18 grams.
- Calories: 76.
Blueberries Nutritional Facts:
Raw blueberries provide around 21 grams of carbs per cup. It also contains about 4 grams of fiber. Despite the fact that a cup of blueberries has 15 grams of total sugar, its glycemic load, which determines how much food raises blood sugar levels, is less than 10, which is considered modest. Blueberries are cholesterol-free.
Blueberries have a very low protein content.
Minerals and vitamins
Blueberries are high in vitamins C and K, and manganese, which aids the body’s digestion of cholesterol and other nutrients like carbs and protein.
2 Vitamin K is essential for blood clotting and strong bones.
One cup of fresh blueberries (148g) has 84 calories, with 91 percent of the calories coming from carbohydrates, protein, and fat.
- 84 calories.
- 0 g of cholesterol.
- 1 g of protein.
- 49 g of fat.
- 45 g of carbohydrate.
- 6 g of dietary fiber.
- 74 g of total sugars.