The flavor pairing of blueberries and chocolate is underappreciated. The two go well together in a smoothie, bowl, and fruit salad. We have listed some recipes that you can consider when pairing up chocolate with blueberries
Do Blueberries and Chocolate Go Together Taste and Texture Wise?
In a Bowl: Blueberries and chocolate are a delicious treat for kids.
Smoothie: Combine chocolate and blueberry together to create a healthy smoothie.
Dessert: Muffins and cakes can be made with blueberry and chocolate. Chocolate-covered blueberries are also a great option.
Blueberry and Chocolate Recipes
1. Blueberry Brownies
The secret to making the most luscious and delicious one bowl of blueberry brownies is a pint of blueberries. These brownies are loved by everyone
- 2 cups blueberries
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons coffee prepared
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 2 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- Preheat the oven. Melt butter in a large pot over low heat and add the chocolate and coffee
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Stir everything together until it’s completely smooth.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- The flavor combination of blueberries and chocolate is underappreciated.
- Gently press blueberries into the mixture. In an oiled 9′′ x 13′′ baking sheet, smooth the batter into an even surface.
- Spread chocolate chips over the mixture in an even layer. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-30 min, or until a wooden skewer in the center comes out clear.
2. Blueberry Chocolate Cake
This delicious, fluffy, and fudgy Blueberry Chocolate Cake is made with fresh blueberries. The blueberries are incorporated in a unique way in the batter! You must try this nutritious chocolate cake.
- 3cups fresh blueberries
- 1½cup sugar
- A dashof salt
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup pure milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups sugar
- 1/3cup butter
- 3 oz. chocolate chips
- ½ cupcornstarch
- ¼cup cocoa powder
- In a big heavy pot, combine the blueberries and sugar. Bring 1/4 cup water and the lemon juice to a boil, stirring periodically over high heat. Turn off the heat. Allow to cool to room temperature before covering and then refrigerate
- Preheat the oven and grease a 13×9 baking dish or two 9-inch cake pans with butter and gently flour them on the bottom and sides.
- In a small dish, combine the chocolate and hot water and stir until the cocoa is completely dissolved.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, cocoa butter, baking powder, and salt.
- Lessen the mixer’s power to a low setting. In consecutive batches, gradually incorporate the flour mixture and afterward the milk, finishing with the flour mixture.
- Slowly drizzle in the cooled chocolate sauce. Blend until completely smooth. Add the blueberries and stir to combine.
- Cook for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a wooden skewer in the center comes out clear or with very few crumbs attached.
- Let the cake to cool slightly in the pan before slicing a piece and drizzling blueberry sauce on top!
3. Chocolate Covered Blueberries
Blueberries with a chocolate coating! These are very fantastic. Enjoy your fruit while also indulging in some chocolate!
- 1 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 2 cups washed and dried fresh blueberries
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe glass bowl or a metal bowl put it over a pan of simmering water. Stir regularly until the butter has melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the shortening until it is completely melted.
- Waxed paper should be used to line a baking pan. Toss the blueberries into the chocolate and gently whisk to combine. Small clumps of blueberries should be spooned onto the waxed paper. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until hard. Keep in an airtight jar in a cool place. These should last for around two days.
Read more here:
Different Types of Blueberries
Prevent Squirrels From Eating Your Blueberries With This Guide
Planting Blueberries Guide – How Far Apart To Plant Blueberries?
Best Blueberries for Jam
Do Blueberries Have Seeds Inside? The answer might disappoint you
4. Blueberry Chocolate Clusters
Blueberry chocolate clusters are loved by kids and adults alike. The best thing about them is that they are quite easy to make.
- 1 1/2 cup melted semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- blueberries, 2 cups
- Garnish with flaky sea salt
- Using parchment paper, line a small baking sheet. Melt the chocolate and combine it with the coconut oil in a medium mixing dish.
- Place a little dollop of chocolate on the parchment and 4–5 blueberries on top. Drizzle chocolate over the blueberries, then season with salt.
- Freeze for 10 minutes or until firm. Serve.
5. Blueberry Chocolate Muffins
Bakery-style muffins packed with blueberries and chocolate chips that are deliciously moist and fluffy. This is the easiest muffin recipe you’ll ever make for breakfast.
- 3 cups plain/all-purpose flour (375g)
- 2 tablespoons powdered baking soda
- 2 big eggs, 1/4 teaspoon salt
- a quarter cup (150g) sugar granulated or caster
- 1 mug (240ml) 1/2 cup buttermilk (120ml) oil made from vegetables
- Vanilla extract (two teaspoons)
- 1 cup (100g) fresh or frozen whole blueberries
- chocolate chips, 1/2 cup (90g)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Set aside a 12-hole muffin tray lined with muffin liners.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. Remove from the equation.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until thick and light in color. Whisk together the oil, buttermilk, and vanilla until smooth.
- Fold in the dry ingredients in thirds until just incorporated, being careful not to overmix. Combine the chocolate chips and blueberries in a mixing bowl. The finished product will be thick and lumpy.
- Fill the prepared pan to the brim with the mixture, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick put inside the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool fully.
Blueberries and chocolate go well together in terms of texture and taste. Try the recipes listed above to make good use of the two ingredients.