Caramelized Apple Cinnamon Pot de Crème
- 2 Ambrosia Apples cored and sliced.
- 1 Tbsp Butter.
- 2 Cup Heavy Cream.
- 6 Egg Yolks save the whites for breakfast the next morning!.
- 2 Tbsp Preferred Sweetening Agent i.e. sugar, honey, agave nectar.
- 1 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract.
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon.
- Place the butter in a medium sized saucepan over medium-low heat. When the butter sizzles, add the sliced apples. Saute until golden and gooey, stirring often - approx. 25 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside. Place 4 oven-safe ramekins into a square baking dish and lay a few apples in the bottom. Set aside. Wipe out the pot.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F & bring a kettle of water to a boil.Heat the cream, cinnamon and vanilla extract in that same saucepan over medium heat until small bubbles form around the edge of the saucepan, stirring very often.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg yolks and sugar with an electric hand mixer on medium-high speed until pale and light, approximately 2 minutes. Whisking the yolk/sugar mixture constantly, drizzle the hot cream/spice mixture into the bowl.
- Divide the custard among the 4 ramekins. Pull out the rack of the oven and set the baking dish on it. Pour boiling water into baking dish until it comes halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Carefully slide the rack back into the oven and close the door; bake 30 minutes, until the center of each ramekin is barely set and wiggles slightly when shaken.
- Carefully move the baking dish to a rack and allow custards to cool to room temperature in the water bath. Cover each ramekin with plastic rap and refrigerate at least 2-3 hours or over night.
- Serve with some apple cinnamon biscotti or baked apple chips to scoop and perhaps a touch of whipping cream.
This post is linked up with The Creative Home Acre Hop; The Hearth & Soul Blog Hop via the 21st Century Housewife; Tasty Tuesdays; Slightly Indulgent Tuesday; Tuesday Talent Show; Cast Party Wednesday; Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways; Whole Foods Wednesday; What’s in the Box?; Showcase Your Talent Thursday; Full Plate Thursday;